Search This Blog

Friday, February 13, 2015

Mid War CounterAttack

I had a chance to play Eric, a new player that needed some practice before he goes to Adepticon to play in the nationals.  We rolled on the scenario table and came up with Counter Attack. He had US Shermans, Lees and some 105mm artillery.  I had German pioneers with a Ferdinand, 3 Panzer III's and some Nebs.

 
To start the game he pushed one group of Shermans up the middle and one on his right flank and he moved his Lees around the buildings in the middle. I had one group of Pioneers set to move to the objective on my left and positioned one on the objective in the middle. I positioned the Ferdinand so he could get a good line of fire on the right flank and also to protect the nebs.  I got my Panzer III reserves in right away and put pressure on the back side of his Shermans.
 
Below is Eric. He's a newer player but he played a pretty good game.
 
He kept pushing for the objective on  my left side. I kept shooting at him with my Panzer III's and Looted T-34.vthe Ferdinand and nebs took out the Shermans pushing up the middle then moved toward the left to help secure the objective. He managed to decimate my pioneer platoon on my left with an aircraft attack with one dice to call in the planes then he needed a  6 to range in then 4' s to hit and then I failed 4 out of 5 saves. Then I had to move my machine gun platoon to contest the objective.
 
 
 

 
 
The game finished uneventfully by Eric conceding the victory tome. I had taken out his Lees and I guess he thought he couldn't deal with the Ferdinand so 6-1 victory for me.
 

 
 
 
 

2 comments: